A smart phone is a very useful tool for visual art and photography. Being a photographer I always prefer to capture all the moments in my camera but its not possible every time to carry a camera with me or set a camera in front of the subject. So I picked up my smart phone to prevent these types of odd situations.
A smart phone is handy, user friendly and has a camera and it does not alert subject that you are taking his/her photograph. you can click any where any time.
No matter if you have a phone camera below 2 megapixel. All you need a creative mind and a subject.
Few tips on mobile phone photography :
- Get close to your subject – This will help you to get high resolution image from your mobile camera and you can feel the moment that can actually help you to get a storytelling image.
- Avoid using digital zoom – Zooming on mobile phone camera can ruin your pictures. This will decrease the image quality . Use your feet to zoom in.
- Use the exposure balance and white balance – These are the amazing tools. Almost every mobile phone have these tools. You can experiment with the exposure and white balance to get more creative image
- Experiment with changing angels – Experiment as much as you can with different angles. Try low , high , diagonal and many more angles. These will helps you a lot to get creative image.
- Follow the rules of compositions – Try to compose your pictures following the rules of composition like rule of third , balancing etc. ( will discuss some other time ) to get dramatic images .
(All pictures are taken by Suvrajit Dutta )